Open, closed, circumaural, supra-aural, headsets, earspeakers, cans
Earphones, in-ear monitors, IEMs, ear canal headphones, canalphones, earbuds
Amplifiers, digital-to-analog converters, digital audio players, sound cards, mics, phonographs
Music is Personal. Welcome to the club. Basshead.Club
1Want the best basshead headphones? We've got top lists for bass-heavy cans and IEMs. We might be wrong, but at least we're confident.
2Got ears that just won't quit? Yeah, us too. These are all of the headphone earpads we have measurements for, our aurally-endowed friends.
3We aren't the only site on the internets. I hear there are tens of other websites out there, and some are worth visiting. Here are a few we like.
4Want to send us stuff? Are we dumb dummies? Did we miss something? Want to send us a virtual high five? Email us.
- Schiit Gungnir Multibit Review The Schiit Gungnir Multibit has been around for a couple of years now. It is often recommended as the DAC to get in the $1000 price range. I’ve heard it a few times in unfamiliar setups and found it to be quite good in those situations, but I’ve long awaited the opportunity to try it out in ...
- Audeze LCD2 Classic Review The Audeze LCD2 Classics (aka LCD2C) are a love letter to the original LCD2 headphones that put Audeze on the map in 2009. They were recently introduced with a special holiday price of $599 and an MSRP of $799. Since its release in 2009, our original LCD2 headphone has been an industry favorite amongst passionate listeners everywhere. Audeze ...
- Focal Clear Review The Focal Clear headphones are a new $1500 open back offering designed and developed in France. They look absolutely stunning! I had an opportunity to take these home and demo them for several days. Rather than a compiled retrospective review, I decided to present stream of consciousness impressions. This will reveal the journey I took while ...
- Luckbad’s Current Gear – Late 2017 I’ve been known to go through gear rather… quickly. I’ll try something and turn it around within a week or so if it doesn’t sing to me. I even sell stuff I enjoy at times if I’ve overspent or if I’m particularly curious about something else out there. This has blown through more money than ...
- Updates: MHDT Labs & S/PDIF Battle I’ve updated the MHDT Labs review to include the new TDA1541A-based Orchid: http://www.basshead.club/mhdt-labs-pagoda-stockholm-atlantis-and-canary/ And the S/PDIF Battle roundup now includes the new Schiit Eitr: http://www.basshead.club/spdif-battle-mutec-singxer-lynx-rednet-et-al/ Enjoy!