Open, closed, circumaural, supra-aural, headsets, earspeakers, cans
Earphones, in-ear monitors, IEMs, ear canal headphones, canalphones, earbuds
Amplifiers, digital-to-analog converters, digital audio players, sound cards, mics, phonographs
Music is Personal. Welcome to the club. Basshead.Club
1Want the best basshead headphones? We've got top lists for bass-heavy cans and IEMs. We might be wrong, but at least we're confident.
2Got ears that just won't quit? Yeah, us too. These are all of the headphone earpads we have measurements for, our aurally-endowed friends.
3We aren't the only site on the internets. I hear there are tens of other websites out there, and some are worth visiting. Here are a few we like.
4Want to send us stuff? Are we dumb dummies? Did we miss something? Want to send us a virtual high five? Email us.
- Luckbad’s Current Gear – Late 2017 I’ve been known to go through gear rather… quickly. I’ll try something and turn it around within a week or so if it doesn’t sing to me. I even sell stuff I enjoy at times if I’ve overspent or if I’m particularly curious about something else out there. This has blown through more money than ...
- Updates: MHDT Labs & S/PDIF Battle I’ve updated the MHDT Labs review to include the new TDA1541A-based Orchid: http://www.basshead.club/mhdt-labs-pagoda-stockholm-atlantis-and-canary/ And the S/PDIF Battle roundup now includes the new Schiit Eitr: http://www.basshead.club/spdif-battle-mutec-singxer-lynx-rednet-et-al/ Enjoy!
- Brainwavz HM2, BLU-200, and B200 It’s been a long time since my last review here at Basshead.Club. Real life and work cut out my ability to properly maintain the site and even listen to music nearly as much as I’d like. That being said, it’s time to start catching up. Here, we have a trio from Brainwavz, a company that has ...
- Holo Audio – Spring DAC – Level 3 – “Kitsune Tuned Edition” I recently received a Holo Spring Kitsune Tuned Edition digital-to-analog converter on loan to demo and review. It’s a modern DAC with patented R-2R technology. It’s the first discrete DAC that has linear compensation. It uses a dual R-2R network for PCM and a dual R-2R network for DSD. The technology involved made this intriguing to me, partly ...
- MHDT Labs Pagoda, Stockholm, Atlantis, Canary, and Orchid It’s no secret that I’ve become a huge fan of MHDT Labs. They make non-oversampling R-2R tube DACs with no digital, op-amp, or feedback, and they’re all gorgeous to listen to. I’ve had the privilege of owning several and having extended sessions with others, and I decided to put together a previously-unpublished comparison of the ...