Open, closed, circumaural, supra-aural, headsets, earspeakers, cans
Earphones, in-ear monitors, IEMs, ear canal headphones, canalphones, earbuds
Amplifiers, digital-to-analog converters, digital audio players, sound cards, mics, phonographs
Music is Personal. Welcome to the club. Basshead.Club
1Want the best basshead headphones? We've got top lists for bass-heavy cans and IEMs. We might be wrong, but at least we're confident.
2Got ears that just won't quit? Yeah, us too. These are all of the headphone earpads we have measurements for, our aurally-endowed friends.
3We aren't the only site on the internets. I hear there are tens of other websites out there, and some are worth visiting. Here are a few we like.
4Want to send us stuff? Are we dumb dummies? Did we miss something? Want to send us a virtual high five? Email us.
- Taction Technology Kannon Kickstarter Call to arms, my basshead friends! The Taction Technology Kannons are now on Kickstarter! You can get them for ~$300 if you back them now! I put my money where my mouth is and ordered a pair. Taction Kannon Headphone Kickstarter What are they like? I did a preview! http://www.basshead.club/taction-kannon-prototype-review/
- MHDT Labs Pagoda Review Welcome back guest reviewer @s1rrah! His reviews of the outstanding MHDT Labs R-2R NOS Tube DACs are excellent and thorough. Enjoy this comprehensive review of the venerated MHDT Labs Pagoda. MHDT Labs Pagoda: A Review and Comparison Intro ——————————————————————————————————— I’ve used MHDT Laboratories DACs for quite some time. Having spent a great amount of time exploring the DAC landscape so many ...
- MHDT Labs Stockholm v2 Review Welcome guest reviewer @s1rrah! His reviews of the outstanding MHDT Labs R-2R NOS Tube DACs are excellent and thorough. Enjoy this comprehensive review of the venerated MHDT Labs Stockholm 2. MHDT Labs Stockholm v2 : A Review Before I even get in to this … let me just say that I’ve already done a review of the originally ...
- Linum BaX IEM Cable Review Aftermarket cables for IEMs and headphones have become increasingly popular over the past few years. Most seem to be either poor quality or extremely expensive. I got my hands on a Linum BaX cable with MMCX connectors. It’s reasonably priced and well-regarded, so I had to try the cable out for myself. First, let’s take a quick look ...
- Bass Test Tracks I’m often asked what songs I use to test bass in order to decide they are basshead-approved. I finally decided to stop typing long replies with a list of songs and instead to create a playlist. Want to test the bass potential of your headphones, speakers, or car? Give these tracks a listen. Basshead.Club – Bass Test ...